Thursday, January 31, 2013

Squeeze The Day

This child...
Drives me crazy..
crazy
He is so smart and cute 
and so full of himself
and has this wonderful sense of humor
and these blue eyes that make me melt
I mean they own me.

and
he
Cracks me up.


He can be so sweet.
Say the funniest things when you least expect it.
One of, if not my most favorite thing he has ever said
he said when he was about four.. maybe five

The saying, as you know is seize the day
He thought it was  Squeeze the day!
I loved it.
It means get everything you can out of the day
Use it for all it's worth.
Squeeze. The. Day.

We say it on a regular basis
and try to live by it.

He still falls asleep in our bed and then Matt-Daddy
will haul him and his favorite pillow to his bed when we head to bed.

Will do his best to work both of us in very subtle
ways to get the answer to his math homework problems

Every.

Single.

Day.

And grin the entire time.

He still loves Power Rangers
Green is his favorite color
He cried when Optimus Prime 'died' in the second movie.
He hugs me when I am sad
and still tries to curl up in my lap like a little guy




He reminds me each night that I need to
say prayers with him when I tuck him in
MY bed.
He has a tender heart
and he will stand up for his sister and himself if he needs to 
without hesitation
and I love that about him


He has been so 
very 

S L O W 
To lose his baby teeth.
He lost the two middle bottom two about a year ago.
Then nothing.
His last cleaning they took x-rays and we saw that his front two
top teeth were only hanging on by the
gums.
Yep, not a root to be had.
They would just not let go.
They told him to work it or in a month they would have to help them.
Well, Viola! 
He lost them and right before Christmas at that.

So, I was singing
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth during the holidays. :)

He and his sister are the center of my universe.
We each connect with each other in very different ways.
He loves me and never hesitates to say it in return when I say it to him.

I know that one day.. some day... He might
not do that.
I may be kidding myself... But honestly, I don't think so.
We are pretty
solid
No matter how mad he may get at my parenting decisions
he and I always talk it out and are OK.

I always thought I wanted two girls
that she needed a sister
I cried when I found out he was a boy
"What am I going to do with a boy!" I cried
God knew better
HE
knew so much better.
I am
so glad HE did.

I have watched him enjoy every day to the fullest 
since the beginning
and always with a smile
toothless or not ;)

As much as we teach him
He teaches us as much or more.

Don't forget to squeeze that day...



 Train up a child in
the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails