Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Book Signing

A Book Signing...



A few weeks ago we went to a book signing at a local Borders Book Store.



It wasn't for a Best Seller. Although she may well be one one day.

You probably haven't heard of her. But you might one day.

The author is only in the second grade.... yes, you heard me right.



Second grade.



No... she didn't write the Indiana Jones book.. ;)







She and Stormy have been friends since they were in Pre-K together.


Since they were 3 years old.


And her Momma.. well she and I have been friends as long as


our babes have.




And her younger sister and Stoney were in the same class in Pre-K too.





While Rach signed books the kids played and looked for other books.




Stoney... he cracks me up..





And the coolest part of the entire day.. I mean besides the part where

Rach has her first book signing.. Is that these girls

haven't seen each other in almost two years..and are such good friends

it didn't matter..

When Stormy hit the top of the stairs and Rach saw her...?

She jumped up from her chair, squealed her name and threw

her arms around her neck.

Of course it made me tear up and I was so caught up in the

moment I didn't get a picture!

If you look close in the upper right corner.. the woman in the
black shirt.. is her Momma, and my friend :)


It was like no time had passed at all..




"Friends are born, not made."~ Henry Adams





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails