Monday, January 21, 2008


Photo courtesy of abernathyphotographics.com

We ask that you bathe Rick, Sherri, and the entire Burgess family in prayer as they deal with the loss of their youngest son, Bronner Burgess. We all are grieving together in this terrible loss. The Burgess's want to give all Honor and Glory to GOD for the many blessings He has given us, especially the life of Bronner Burgess. And while we do not understand, we know who is in charge and His will be done in life and in death.


There will be a memorial service Tuesday at 2:00PM at Shades Mountain Baptist Church. In lieu of flowers, the family has requested a donation be made to the Bronner Burgess Memorial. This donation will be used by Rick & Sherri to create a memorial fund to give back to ministries in honor of Bronner. Click here for more information on making a contribution! To send your condolences to the family, please send those to prayers@rickandbubba.com.

He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 1 Thessalonians 5:10
Bronner's Dad is my very dear friend. We went to school together. Our parents taught school together. My brother played ball for his Dad. Our families have known each other basically all our lives. You may know him as Rick from the Rick and Bubba show on the radio and formerly on TNT in the morning.
I ask that you please keep this family in your prayers as they go through
this unbelievable tragedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say I stopped over via BooMama's blog. I saw your comment and figured you were somehow connected to the family.

I didn't know them personally but Bronner's death really has affected me and I have cried so much over their loss, because as a mom I can only imagine what they are going through right now. I have been praying for them and also Bronner's siblings.

Bubba said on the show yesterday that his son was asking him about Jesus (because of all this) and that he accepted Christ as his Savior. He called Rick right afterwards and left him a voice mail telling him about it. I cried when my husband told me that.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop over and share. I'm praying with you for this family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails