Thursday, October 11, 2007

I can't believe.........



I can't believe I have gone this long without posting!! I have been busy though. We finally got my Mom moved this past weekend. From Tennessee back to Alabama. Her house is going to be the perfect little home for her when she gets it all fixed like she likes it. I love it! It will need about ten trucks of fill dirt to even out the yard. And she is having a deck built in the back yard and a fence too. Also a screened in porch. That will be very enjoyable when it is finished.

These are a couple of pics I took when she bought a couple of weeks ago. It already looks so much different. And, believe it or not.... I did not take one picture over the weekend! I know, I know.... I can't believe it either......

This is my brother and Kate racing with the hand trucks....

It was a long weekend to say the least. We left GA and went to AL to drop off our favorite pet (our only pet) Pippin at Matt's parents.. (Thanks again, you were a life saver watching after him). Then it was on to TN. We got there about 8 ish. My friend Kelley got there about 10:30 and we went to get the truck. We got back to Mom's and loaded till 3am.... We got two third of the house loaded too. We went to bed and got up at 6:30, went to eat and finished the job. We left 30 minutes after I thought we would. We were back in AL at her new digs by 7 or 8 ish I think. My brother was there to meet us and we began to unload. Stopped about 12 and finished up the next morning.... it felt good to turn that truck in! We worked the rest of the day on Sunday and then most of the day on Monday. We came back to GA to get ready for the rest of the week. It has taken the last three days to recover and I think I am still a bit sore.
I have teacher in service tomorrow and Kate is out. Then I am out Monday and Kate has to go... That's what happens when you work in a different school district that your child is in! Oh well......
I hope that everyone has had a wonderful week and is looking forward to the weekend. We will be at Stone Mountain on Saturday for a work shin-dig for my husband. I am really looking forward to it. They have the pumpkin festival going on right now and the weather here is just stunning. High in the low 70's and lows in the upper 40's. If only never got any hotter than this................ I will most definitely have my camera with me!
Stop lurking and let me hear from you! Leave me a hello in the comments! I would love to know who is reading this and know my blog buddies!
Till Later....
Rox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there chicklet!!!
I decided to quit lurking and say HI! C'mon now...you can give me a lil' crow to eat over your boys whoopin' my Gators...I can take it...but you have to admit it was a GREAT game. Kate is SO BIG and SO PRETTY! And Sully is absolutely GORGEOUS. Your mom will love her new neighborhood, it is very quiet and has a wonderful neighborhood watch program...we hardly get any calls out there at all. Well, lovin' your blog...keep posting!!
Love you, Christie D.

OneCraftyChick said...

I'm assuming you're coming to Stamp A Stack? Right? And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gooseberry Patch Christmas books. I have LOTS. Way better than Southern Living because "normal" people can actually do/make the stuff in there. :)
See ya soon.

Debbie said...

You do good work. Good pictures and I love all your blogs. I am so excited for your Mom and I know you will enjoy her being in Oxford.

Look forward to seeing you.

Deb

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love meeting *almost* home folks online! Oxford has changed so much in just the last 15 years. Shoot, in the last TWO years! The new shopping center, new restaurants.... It's really becoming a happening place. I know Mom will be happy to be back home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails