Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Tuesdays Unwrapped.


There is a blog I go to everyday.. Well there are many actually.

This particular one I just love. Her sister's blog too. On Tuesday she does

this wonderful post. Tuesday's Unwrapped. To find the little things.

The big and important things are hiding in the midst of the small and the ordinary.

So I decided to do it. I found these shots from a few weeks ago. There is a story here

that some of you know and most don't. I have not addressed it. I didn't want to.

It was and still is too raw and painful.

The outlining story of the picture is simple... An older sister drawing

with her little brother. Helping draw his truck. Those times can be few and far between. It is wonderful when I catch them working together.. on anything. Especially quietly :)

These two are loud I tell you. Loud. They are full of energy and there

is never enough room to get out all the wiggles. Our house is not the quiet one :)

But there is more to these pictures. So much more.



Just five days before, her little brother was mauled by a dog right in front of her.

A gargantuan dog, a dog they had been around dozens of times. She had no control over the situation. She couldn't help him.

Now.. he will be fine. After surgery to repair his face and dozens and dozens of stitches.

He is healing really well ...physically. Emotionally... we all still have a long

road ahead of us. She has been at a loss... She couldn't run with him or rough house

with him. She couldn't even sleep with him for several nights. One of us had to.

So when he asked his big sister to help him draw a truck and she said sure

so sweetly, I stopped what I was doing and I just watched... and cried.

She found a way to help. And she did it so great.






The big and important things are hiding in the midst of the small and the ordinary.



14 comments:

emily freeman said...

oh my. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this very big, small moment.

Anonymous said...

You had me at hello

Anonymous said...

Oops.. It was Matt-man

Rox said...

I can't believe my husband posted... really? He really did. Love you Matt-Daddy ;)

Rox said...

Emily thank you for stopping by... Big thank you for prompting me to post this..
Rox

Tee said...

This is beautiful. And so are your kids. But you knew that already.

Angela said...

Wow. Amazing. Wonderful post. :)

Jo said...

Wow. A very beautiful moment. And a big one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

emily freeman said...

Mister Linky is back up and I'm adding your link to it so people won't have to go to the comments to see it..fyi :)

Rebekah said...

Oh! I couldn't have held myself together to think of capturing the moment. Thank you for having enough composure to do so.

Sharon said...

OMG Rox what a story and such a beautiful one. You can keep this for them years to come.

Miss G said...

What a blessing that you're able to look at it all like this! Thank you for sharing. I came over from emily's. Kelly

Bee said...

I'm going to have to say what all good little Southern girls do when words escape them. Bless their hearts. And yours, too.

Miss G said...

You're most welcome! Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you're having a great day! Kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails